Side effects of laser hair removal
Today we want to explain the side effects of laser hair removal. At Asirox we are committed to laser hair removal together with the latest technologies for the permanent destruction of hair. Our method is realized with Initia, the new technology in laser depilation that allows to control the current that is supplied to the diode, with extreme accuracy.
Even as methods advance and innovate, the side effects of laser hair removal can affect people depending on their skin. For these effects to be minimal and mild, a pattern of precautions must be followed before undergoing a laser treatment, such as hydration of the skin or abstinence from sunbathing three days before and after treatment.
There may be temporary laser hair removal side effects on the skin that do not cause any long-term damage, such as the following:
- Very mild pain or tingling
- Swelling of the follicles
Although they are mild effects, for a better treatment and solution, in any case of any symptom, consult with your center and they advise you to take care of your skin properly. These effects are usually common, but to avoid certain problems, you need to know that there are conditions for treatment:
- If you have had any type of skin disease, any special case, you have to report it to your specialist. Laser is a treatment like any other and the clinical history of the skin is very important.
- Refrain from laser hair removal if your skin has been exposed to the sun or has undergone surgery such as laser rejuvenation or chemical peels.
- Check with your specialist if your current medication is compatible with laser hair removal. If you are taking any type of skin treatment, such as dercutane for acne, you should know that it is not compatible with laser, as it can alter the treatment and not eradicate hair.
- Pregnant women cannot undergo any laser treatment. Nor can those who are breastfeeding.
The advantage of laser hair removal is that once you hire it, it has no expiration date since if you have any of these problems, you can perform the treatment months later. Between sessions it cannot be more than six months, as the effect would not be the same.
Do not hesitate to consult with our specialists your case and they will advise you according to your conditions. See you on the next Asirox blog.
¡ See you soon!